Jun 2, 2008

True Friends

I feel really fortunate to have a group of people who, for the past few months, have been demonstrating what true friends are really about.

Friends who continue to be there despite your flaws and idiosyncrasies or moods.
Friends with whom you can freely express, and not fear/worry about judgments or insults.
Friends with whom you can freely share, and not worry that your words will be used against you later in the future when things go sour.
Friends who will send you SMSes of concerns, and even some "paranoia" that you're bugged by something.
Friends whom you can send random SMSes to and fro.
Friends who teach you not only how to give affections, but to receive affections.
Friends who are there while you discover life and discover yourself.

Thank you ZH and Mer for being really good friends, who taught me that there's nothing to fear about receiving affections (or presents); that I am a person who have people who will accept me for who I am, love me for who I am without conditions, without reserves; that I can have the freedom, opportunity & support to explore and screw up in the process of discovering myself; and most importantly, taught me what friendship truly is.

Thank you M and C for always being the big sisters: so concerned, always with support and advice (and naggings :P ).

Also truly grateful for the bunch of psych friends that I've made this year. People with whom I truly feel at home and at peace. Company that fill me with contentment and peace. Just to name a few: YL, Mav.T, LH, LW.

Friends I do not have a lot. Friends I do not make easily. But I really feel so blessed to have a taste of what true friendship is like, and how beautiful it really is.

No comments: