May 13, 2010

Stop resisting, and just call Me

Sun baring and wind blowing
Grind my teeth and keep moving on
Keep persevering and don't give up
This motto I chant through and loud

Yet my members just refuse
Continuously complaining and grunting all through
By will I tried to silent them all
But in truth I just succumb to the noise

Stumbling and limping
Worked hard to keep morale high
But a hard fall was just too much
Breath knocked out and tears just flowed

Brought to my knees I finally am
By sheer discipline I tried to stand
Labored on step by step
As I turned and saw you there

Every step was filled with tears
Every step was a big struggle
Yet my feelings and inclinations I can't deny
And all this while you just looked

A downward spiral I can't climb
Want to keep going but just no strength
Guilt and shame just overwhelm
But it's already my best what else is there?

Unable to go further as I crumble
Tempted to just throw the towel and give it up
Fighting the urge to run and hide
Then someone walked towards from afar

Without a word and just a note
Pressed into my hand and soon took off
Desperate for company yet he didn't stay
Alone again I once dismayed

A small thing, white and crisp
Disheartened, slowly I opened it
Neat and beautiful handwriting it just says
"When are you going to stop resisting and just give in?"

Confused I did not understand
I can't give up and let you down
I'm trying my best to conquer it all
Yet it's frustration you have showed

Not knowing what else but look at you
The you who is at the side
Our eyes met and my heart finally touched
Enlightened and encouraged by what you meant

On my knees then I just bowed
Hands trembling and tears pouring forth
Emotions a mess and mind a whirl
In this chaos I'm finally stopped

Lord I'm sorry for my stubbornness and frustrations it caused
Yes at this time I'll just stop resist
Give up trying so freaking hard
To overcome by my might
I simply can't do it by myself
So here I am, broken and unable to walk
My obstinacy, my pains and fears and deepest struggles
I surrender it all at the cross
Lord hear my cries and feel my aches
Help me! I need you!

Bared myself and empty it all
With watery eyes and a throbbing head
I lifted up and just looked up
And there you are, beside with smiles

"Finally my child, you have called.
You've tried too hard to do them all
This road is meant to be walked
By my strength and me by your side."

No comments: