Jul 7, 2011
Fellowship of suffering
How can I love a person if I do not even know the hurts she carry? Even for myself, I feel closest n most loved by ppl who know my pains, hurts n struggles. Ppl who walked with me thru the desert, who have seen my tears n know the stories of the tears. ppl who did not merely give me cliche answers or counsel, but gave themselves to soothe the pain, gave me their precious time to understand n share in my hurts n struggles.
Indeed the easiest way to truly feel love for a person, esp an irritating person, is thru their hurts n pains. Somehow, their hurts illuminate their humanity, n bond us as fellow pilgrims of Life.
Similarity, God reaches us to us in n thru our pains, thru the same pains He Himself went thru. Truly, fellowship of suffering. Do not forget my experiences, hurts n scars. Use them to reach out to others. Use them to keep me always tender n sensitive to the pains n humanity of others. Use them to bring them into the fellowship of suffering of Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment