Feb 10, 2011

The Unbelivable Love

A glance at the mirror
Never a second longer
"Do you like who you see?", You asked
Well, I no longer hate it.

Yet knowing that's not what was asked
But an answer I just can't give
So out of sight & out of mind the question is
Do not even want to think about it

Lovingly You just looked on
Patiently You just waited
Meanwhile You just kept giving & affirming
Lavishing Your love again & again

In my mind I know You love
Through my words I give You thanks
But You looked deeper than thoughts & words
Into a heart that has not received

Months and weeks You just loved
Bringing me into the abyss of pasts
Painful and full of tears I may be
Yet firmly You led me through

Finally having progressed You then stopped
Looked me in the eyes & deep within
"Don't just know that I am God.
Be still and know that I love you."

Bewildered, petrified and beyond words
Knowing but just can't accept
How can I ever be Your heartfelt desire?
How can this me be worthy in this state?

No words said; You just loved
With pain in Your heart & love in Your eyes
Tenderly You just embraced
"Hard to believe, but yes, it's you I love."

Broken, my heart just yield
Overwhelmed, I just surrendered
Simply, just stop trying so hard
To just believe You really love so much

However deep the wounds are,
Your love is deeper.
Whatever Man has done in the past;
You more than compensate.

Really so hard to believe
You just want me to receive Your love
Truly feeling & believing I am Yours
Not just doing & serving with all my might.

No comments: